The system of distance learning has many advantages in comparison with stationary training, among them:
- The opportunity for studying in usual comfort conditions;
- - Development of ability for self-organization and independence which is necessary for studying and there is a possibility to connect with a teacher and to get the necessary consultation;
- - Distance learning saves time and energy which are necessary for covering distance.
Distance learning - a form of distance learning, which does not require the simultaneous physical presence in one place of a teacher and a student, organized mainly in the Internet and uses modern means of communication - audio, video equipment and satellite links.
Modern technology of distance learning supposes independent mastering of the necessary study program by a student interactively during a certain period of time. Student can choose order and speed of learning materials. It is important that to the moment of passing test a student is acquainted with the necessary materials and fulfill all the tasks. When the process of learning materials is finished student passes test, performs verification work with the help of trainers and organizers, it is assessed and moves to the next stage of learning. During study a student interacts with other virtual groups of students using e-mail and forums. On admission to distance learning, a student receives a login and password, with which he can go to the website, uses of teaching materials, textbooks and also communicates with students and teachers of the virtual course.
Any process of distance learning consists of the following stages:
- Personal distance learning with the use of modern information technologies and communications tools;
- Classroom training at the annual session, during this process tests and exams are taken that require the physical presence of students and teachers;
- - Self-study for finding required information, execution of verification tasks and other examinations which are necessary to pass the exam.